Monday, September 29, 2014

Amigurumi Monday: Star-Crossed Lovers

 Hey folks, Sarah here welcoming you to another Amigurumi Monday!

One of my favorite things about amigurumi is the speed of which you can finish a one skein project, and how accomplished you feel once it's finished. Pair that with my need to sniff out bargains like a blood hound and you have clearance-bin amigurumi creations like this:

(´・ω・`)
Sorry Godzilla, I didn't mean to imply you're cheap...

I found this super chunky purple yarn on clearance and knew right away what to do with it! Our building from last week was a little lonely, so I decided to make 'em a friend.  Ahem, "friend".
 
Tower-senpai~

It's nice to take a break from longer projects/garments and just relax with some free-form amigurumi. Building off of my post on yarn weight and gauge, I used a chunky weight yarn and size N hook and was able to knock out this lil monster in no time. The super thick stitches also make a cool bumpy scale texture for this mini Godzilla. 

I look forward to refining this Sunday evening project into a share-able pattern, but until then... see you next week for more Amigurumi Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment