Monday, September 1, 2014

Amigurumi Monday: Rosy Cheeks Tutorial

Sarah here for another Amigurumi Monday! This week I want to reintroduce an old friend, François. Notice anything different? He doesn't have his cute little blush! This was my first time painting a blush onto an amigurumi creation, so I decided to document the process.


Materials Used:
finished amigurumi
swatch/gauge of yarn from amigurumi
paint brush
watercolor paints
water

I used a palette of children's watercolors for my paint. François's face is crocheted from white cotton yarn, so I crocheted an extra swatch of the same yarn for practice. 


While practicing it is important to note how much water you want to use. One the left, only a drop or two of water was used to paint the blush. On the right, a few extra drops of water were added afterwards to help soften and blur the blush. However, please note that when using cotton yarn, the water absorbs quickly and may spread larger than intended if too much water is used. But that's what the practice swatch is for!


For François I ended up using very minimal water to give this little piggie a more masculine blush. 


No comments:

Post a Comment